Recreation Areas - Camping
|There are no Corps managed campgrounds on the Richard B. Russell Lake. However, overnight visitors can find accommodations at the two state parks located in the area.
- Richard B. Russell State Park, located just outside of Elberton, Georgia, offers 28 tent, trailer, & RV sites; 10 cottages; boat ramps; picnic areas; playgrounds; and a swimming beach. All facilities are designed for wheelchair accessibility, including the swimming beach.
- Calhoun Falls State Park, located just across the South Carolina state line, offers 86 RV sites and 14 tent sites. Other park facilities and activities include a multi-purpose game court, picnic area with shelters, playgrounds, nature trails, boat ramps, and a swimming beach. The park also offers a 36 slip lighted marina, fishing pier, and a park store/tackle shop.
|Fees for camping vary depending on the campground and campsite selected. State park fees for overnight camping are set by the states that operate the park. For more information about state parks or to reserve a site please call:
- 1-888-88-PARKS for South Carolina State Parks, or
- 1-800-864-7275 for Georgia State Parks.
For further information about camping at Richard B. Russell Lake contact the Operations Manager’s Office at:
- Please pay special attention: Island camping is allowed on those islands that are not within view of a roadway, boat ramp, or park area.
(706) 213-3400 or toll free at 1-800-944-7207.