SAVANNAH, Ga. – Certain recreation sites at the J. Strom Thurmond Lake will close or partially close for the season between Sept. 4 and Sept. 30.
Six day-use picnic areas will close Sept. 4:
• Amity – Boat ramp remains open
• Big Hart – Boat ramp remains open
• Gill Point – Boat ramp remains open
• Lake Springs – Boat ramp remains open
• Parksville – Boat ramp remains open
• West Dam
Deer Run at Lake Springs and portions of West Dam remain open year-round.
Below Dam South Carolina and Clarks Hill Park also remain open year round.
Campgrounds closing Sept. 30 include:
• Big Hart
• Hawe Creek
• Ridge Road.
The remaining campgrounds, including portions of Petersburg and all of LeRoys Ferry and Bussey Point, remain open year-round.
For more information, contact the J. Strom Thurmond Project Office at 800-533-3478, or 864-333-1100.
– 30 –
Release no. 18-033