1. CHECK THE PUBLIC ORM WEBSITE
If you need to find out if the Corps has issued an Approved Jurisdictional Determination (AJD), Individual Permit (IP), or if there is pending IP for a particular site, that information can be found at: https://permits.ops.usace.army.mil/orm-public#
(bottom of page has link to map “click here to start looking for permits)
2. EMAIL CORPS FOR RECORD CHECK
If no action is found at the website, you can also email Regulatory and request a record search for known actions on a tract. Record Check emails should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Record Check Request
- Your name and contact information
- Regulatory file number if known
- Property Owner or Development Name (current and/or past names)
- Property Location: Address/location, city, county, state, latitude/longitude. Provide as much detailed information on the property as you can helps in the data search. provide such as property/development name, , size, current or past owner’s name,
- Purpose: If you are the owner or the owner’s designated representative please let us know. If you are not associated with the owner or if you are interested in purchasing the property.
The Corps can provide you the file number if a record is found on the site.
3. OBTAINING THE PERMIT OR FILE
- Owner or Representative: If you are the current owner or owner’s designated representative, information in the file can be provided directly to you. Email the specific request and file number to: email@example.com
- Non-Owner: If you are not the owner or representative, you will need to request the specific information under the Freedom of Information Action (FOIA). Please provide the specific file information obtained from above and visit our FOIA website for FOIA submittal process: https://www.usace.army.mil/FOIA.aspx.