SAVANNAH, Ga. – Beginning May 1, 10 campgrounds or day-use areas at Hartwell Dam and Lake will open for the recreation season, according to Army Corps of Engineers officials.
These areas include:
• Coneross Campground, Oconee County, South Carolina
• Georgia River Campground, Hart County, Georgia
• Oconee Point Campground, Oconee County, South Carolina
• Payne’s Creek Campground, Hart County, Georgia
• Elrod Ferry Day-Use Area, Hart County, Georgia
• Friendship Day-Use Area, Oconee County, South Carolina
• Poplar Springs Day-Use Area, Franklin County, Georgia
• River Forks Day-Use Area, Anderson County, South Carolina
• Twin Lakes Day-Use Area, Pickens County, South Carolina
• Weldon Island Day Use Area, Anderson County, South Carolina
Visitors can make reservations for campsites and picnic shelters located within day-use areas by calling Recreation One Stop toll-free at 877-444-6777 or online at www.Recreation.gov.
“Whenever someone visits Hartwell Lake, we urge them to wear a life jacket any time they are in, on or near the water,” Park Ranger Scott Lusk at Hartwell Lake, said. “Life jackets worn, nobody mourns.”
For more information regarding camping or day use areas at Hartwell Lake, please contact the Hartwell Project Office at 888-893-0678. Visitors can also go to https://go.usa.gov/xmYrc to plan a visit to Hartwell Lake.
– 30 –