Before you get started, read the entire job announcement.
Focus on the following sections to understand whether or not you qualify for the position.
- Duties and Qualifications
- How to Apply (including a preview of the assessment questionnaire)
- How You Will be Evaluated
Make sure you have the required experience and/or education before you apply. We use the job announcement to describe the job and the required qualifications, including:
- Level and amount of experience
What to include in your resume? Federal jobs often require that you have experience in a particular type of work for a certain period of time. You must show how your skills and experiences meet the qualifications and requirements listed in the job announcement to be considered for the job.
- Include dates, hours, level of experience and examples for each work experience
- For each work experience you list, make sure you include”
- Start and end dates (including the month and year).
- The number of hours you worked per week.
- The level and amount of experience – for instance, whether you served as a project manager or a team member helps to illustrate your level of experience.
- Examples of relevant experiences and accomplishments that prove you can perform the tasks at the level required for the job as stated in the job announcement. Your experience needs to address every required qualification.
- Include volunteer work and roles in community organizations