In order for you to plan your camping trip and have an enjoyable stay once you arrive, we have listed below our established procedures in effect at campgrounds on Hartwell Lake. We ask that you familiarize yourself with them and should you have any questions, please contact us.
Reservations are accepted for almost all of our campsites and are highly recommended, especially during the spring and summer. You can reserve a specific campsite so call ahead and get the site you want before someone else does! Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance.
Maximum Number of Registered Campers and/or Guests per Site = 10*
Maximum Number of Vehicle Passes per Site = 3*
*Group Camps vary. See specific group camp for details. Georgia River Campground varies.
Check-In Time - 3:00 PM (Must arrive before 10:00 PM)
Check-Out Time - 2:00 PM
Campground Gates Locked from 10:00 PM – 7:00 AM
Quiet Hours - 10:00 PM – 6:00 AM
"America the Beautiful" Senior and Access Passes are honored at all Corps managed campgrounds for single campsites only...there are no discounts on double or group sites. The cardholder must be present at registration and plan to camp during the entire camping visit. The "America The Beautiful" Senior and Access Passes are the ONLY passes that offer a 50% discount for camping fees.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited by County Ordinance.
- Registered campers are required to occupy campsite. You must be 18 years of age or older to register for a campsite.
- All camping units must be placed on the campsite impact pad.
- All dogs or other pets must be penned, caged, or on a leash no longer than 6 feet. You must clean up after your pets.
- Pets are prohibited on swim beaches and playgrounds, and in restrooms/shower houses.
- All vehicles and boat trailers are to be parked on your campsite or in a designated parking space. Up to 3 vehicles permitted per campsite. All vehicles must be registered at gatehouse. Please note that some campsites will not fit 3 vehicles and camping unit; in this case vehicles must be parked in public parking areas.
- Camping is limited to 14 consecutive days in a 30 day period.
- Registered campers are to occupy their campsites.
- For your campfires, please use only dead wood gathered from the ground. Fire rings or grills are provided. Never leave your fire unattended, and extinguish all fires before checkout. DO NOT leave trash in fire pit!
- Fireworks and loaded firearms are prohibited in all campgrounds and recreation areas.
- Please keep your campsite clean. Trash dumpsters, gray water and sewage dump stations are provided.
- Golf carts, ATV's and motorized scooters are prohibited.
- Please observe the posted speed limit, and be especially alert for children, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- For a complete set of rules and regulations concerning the use of the Hartwell Dam & Lake, please refer to USC, Title 36, Part 327, Rules and Regulations Governing Water Resource Development Projects available at the Hartwell Lake Office and at our staffed campground gate houses, or give us a call at 888-893-0678.
GRAY WATER NOTICE TO ALL CAMPERS
What is “gray water”? Gray water is wastewater from sinks, RV showers, dishwashing, etc. Improper disposal of gray water violates state and county health department guidelines, and has a negative impact on environmental quality. It attracts bugs such as ants and bees, which may result in temporary closure of campsites. Please be considerate, and dispose of your gray water at the gray water disposal areas located through out the campgrounds.